View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Lily, There is a lot to learn?

I suggest that you check out the 'stickies' at the top of this page...the "useful sites" can help you get a handle on the 'basics-language, terms, diagnosis/tests, meds and treatments' of PN. It's a wide range, as PN's got over 200+ variations.

Everyone here comes with their own perspective on the whole thing...kind of like finding yourself in a room with many similar but different viewpoints on what's pretty much the SAME THING...The Pain. However in the case of what sounds like an autonomic Neuropathy...well, it's seems the after-effects of the 'nerves-not-working-like-they-should or not-at-all' can be and are different issues. Lots of members have suffered the effects of vitamin deficiencies, diet intolerances, and/or negligent medical professionalism, at times, a combination of these!

My advice? Read, learn, know to follow what your body tells you when things are WRONG! Get second opinions-if YOU feel it's necessary and you can. Think of it this way....you are not only a PATIENT, you are a CUSTOMER! You are paying bucks either alone or w/insurance...BIG BUCKS, and, you have to BUCK the system to get the treatment you should be entitled to! [Ooops! Guess that's ONE opinion?] This stuff, after all can really HURT you! don't let things slide, please? SUPER Good thoughts in the meantime - j

I am sure that all the good folks who share here will be along and post soon, maybe a bit more info on your 'experiences' would prompt some specific feedbacks. B-12 deficiency is, a VERY under-rated issue.
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote