View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

MrsD, I will fax information (including the paper from Sweden) to my neurologist that connects levaquin to PN. I asked for his reaction. In the back of my mind I’m preparing for a confrontation and request for another opinion or referral to another neurologist. I’ve never had to go outside the system so this is new to me. If you can point me to any reputable neurologists in Ohio who might listen I’d certainly follow up on it.

I am taking B12 on an empty stomach per your recommendation in other threads. I take it first thing in the morning and then eat some breakfast an hour later.

Speaking of supplements, does the following regimen sound reasonable to you? I started the B12 methyl-cobalamin a week ago. I just received these things from Puritan Pride and iherb a couple days ago: CoQ10 (Ubiquinol) (100 mg), Acetyl L Carnitine (750 mg in 250 increments), and Alpha Lipoic Acid (600 mg). Even though I’m not sure it’s the cause, I’m mainly concerned about the toxic effects of levaquin that cause PN in some people.

I believe the Puritan Pride sale (buy 1 get 2 free) on CoQ10, Carnitine, and others ends Thursday, September 22nd. So I might submit another order before it ends.
mtanker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote