View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 10:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In March 18-24, 2007 Welcome New Community Members

Hi Everyone..Welcome to our new members!..We are glad that you found us, and hope you find a home here

Talk about weird weather..Then again maybe it isnt weird for New England..It was almost 70 and sunny on Tue-Wed..Then it snowed on Thu, and rained today..My support group meeting was supposed to be this morning, but I got a call from our facillitator at about 8:30 AM because they decided to cancel it because of the weather..We moved the meeting into a different hospital on trial basis, because our new APDA Outreach facillitator is affiliated with this other hospital, and the Pd neurology staff has moved there as well from the former location..The drive is about another 5-10 minutes longer for me, but is closer for most of the rest of our members..Not a big deal for me

Our APDA Chapter meeting was this past Tuesday night, and we have four new members to our board..One who has pd and 3 volunteers..We need all the help we can get, as out board membership has been shrinking

I got some work done on my boat at the beginning of the week, but Ive been cooped up in the house for a couple of days just hanging around because of the snow..I have little desire to drive anywhere in it these days..I dont feel safe driving on a slippery surface with pd..We've been real lucky because we had very little snowfall this winter..I got the snowblower ready in January, but havent had to use it.......yet!

At least if there were some good shows on tv I wouldnt mind waiting out the lousy weather..The new season of the "Deadliest Catch" doesnt start untill April..

Slick Hillary