View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Here is photo of the impatiens grouping:

The large purple plant is Persian Shield...this is the first time I've tried it. Where we live I guess it is an indoor plant, but one nursery I went to had it this year with the heat summer loving plants, so I was making the big planter and decided to try it.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/516/

Maybe you have them there in Australia, Lara?

We've had tons of rain this year, so these plants have loved that!

I also put a product called soil moist in their soil, which holds moisture for sensitive type plants like this. It is a granular resin that swells up when wet like jello. Only it does not rot away, and it holds containers between waterings. I left that planter for 5 weeks on the left, and my house sitter only watered it ONCE...that is one hot dry spot in the photo... so that is some wet summer!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 11-29-2011 at 07:17 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (09-21-2011), Lara (09-21-2011)