Old 09-21-2011, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Two things come to mind:

1) something going on in your neck?

2) possible Thoracic outlet syndrome.

Also do you use some soap or chemical that gets on your hands?
The palms are an acupressure point. Do you lift weights or stress the hands somehow with exercise?

http://healthefitness.com/view_article.asp?id=13

I am not sure about the attribution to organs in the body, but when I cannot sleep sometimes I put a strong magnet in each palm and it seems to relax me. I have a thread here on magnets and how to use them:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...hlight=magnets

When pain or discomfort occur in a specific place (target) and not "all over" a strong magnet can sometimes help alot. I've used magnets for over a decade now for some things.
The really strong ones available now that are not expensive, don't need to be worn, etc. 20min on the target is often enough to help.

Also burning sensations really respond quickly to Biofreeze. It will block burning for hours.

Many thanks for your insights, Mrs. D.

Important question:

I know that I have some cervical spinal stenosis going on from C-5 to C-7 with some possible nerve root compression. I say possible because repeat nerve conduction studies have been normal, yet issues show up on the CT Myelogram of the spine.

If there is spinal compression going on, then can that cause a small fiber neuropathy in the hands? I always thought that spinal compression issues affect the large nerves only (hence the nerve conduction tests to check for compression). Whereas I thought that small fiber neuropathy was more an issue of the unmyliated nerve fibers in the skin and unrelated to compression issues.

Could you please clarify?

I should also mention that I have significant "cracking and popping" in both wrists when I rotate them. I do not know what is causing that either (everyone says something different). To me it feels like tendons "snapping".

Thanks!

Last edited by Apollo; 09-21-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Apollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote