View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

carolgh. welcome;

I started my monthly IG infusions in March 2009 and never and never experienced any remarkable results within any time frame in between infuions. But over time maybe I have.

Slowly by September 2009 my breathing problems became much less severe even though my diaphram is still weak til this day.

December 2010 was the last time I crashed. 5 days that my muscles were so fatigued I could hardly get out of my chair.

I still have a problem walking even a short distance. My hips get weak and my lower back becomes very painful. My thighs and calves get real sore.

My arm strength in still diminished.

My Neuro told me at my last visit that I am stabalized and probobly will never get any better. I sure hope he is wrong. He is keeping me on the same treatment that I have been receiving. IGIV every six weeks, Cellcept, Mestinon and Prednisne. Maybe he is just tired of hearing me complane and I still have a chance of more improvement.

Anyway it has been a long road and I think expriencing much improvment in just a few months will just depress you.

Hang in there and I hope you will see some positive results down the road.

Tony

PS. By the way, my double vision, ptosis, chewing and swallowing problens went away almost immediately after being introduced to Prednisone. Are you taking Prednisone?
scrubbs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote