View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default Update

It's been 3 weeks since I started taking the pregnenolone as described above. The first week, I titrated up to get closer to the 50mg./day recommended by Dr. Tennant, but had to cut back to the original 20 mg./day. Within two days I started breaking out with acne, which indicated it was too much. When I cut back again, the acne disappeared as fast as it appeared. No other side effects except some slight stimulation (like a little too much coffee). To comply with the "intermittant" dosage, I skip weekends, taking it only on weekdays.

I am now confident in saying there has been a worthwhile improvement. My pain levels have decreased noticeably, cognitive functions have improved measurably, energy levels increased, and overall just feeling better (than before taking it), and have started losing weight again (just a couple pounds so far). Family & friends who were unaware of this experiment have noted a positive change. This stuff is by no means any kind of miracle, but keeping in mind I'm low in several of these adrenal hormones, it seems to be doing what it's supposed to do. I'll take what I can get!

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Eowyn (02-22-2012)