View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You are both right!

lou-lou - I have dystonia also and am seeing a pain management doctor now who has helped me so much. And Atma - your problem sounds like good ole sciatica. And undoubetedly that is the most painful pain I have ever experienced. All lI can do is go to bed and cry when I move. All dystonia is bad, but sciatica is the worst for me.

The pain management doctor has given me epidurals which help some, but sciatica just has to work its way out. Moist heat helps.

Monday, however, the pain doctor is trying something that I've never tried. He is going to do "several" facet joint blocks in my neck; i.e. directly inject anti-inflammation and numbing medicine into the facet joints of my neck. He says it has been very successful with similar cases.

I have been having these spasms in my neck that are slowly killing me. They feel somewhat like sciatica. My problem is compounded by stenosis of the cervical spine,, and I already have had two operations to fuse C-4 thru C-7. The new problem is arthritic changes around C-7 and T-1. (It must be destroying my entire spine).

I am on heavy narcotics - otherwise, my quality of life would be to be bedfast. My PD causes lots of dyskinesia, which I can live with were it not for the pain.

So Lou-lou and Atma Namaste, I empathize with you both. Since my problem is more arthritis-related and is aggravated by the constant moving of my joints from dyskinesia/dystonia - I don't think DBS would help, and I want my next brain surgery to be a more sure thing. I have taken 3 Comtan, 8 mg daily of Requip, and 5-6 Sinemet 25/100 a day for years. That isn't much for PD meds in my humble opinion.

I will let you know how the new procedure works. Oh, and you might want to talk to Tom Berdine - lou-lou, I think you know him. He has found some relieif with Botox injections. Those muscle spasms bring you down, don't they? (Just thinking about them almost kills me!)

Prayers and positive karma to you both!

Peggy
pegleg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atma Namaste (09-25-2011), Thelma (08-09-2012)