Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I agree with what Di says -
I'm kind of wondering about so many injections too {at 1000.00 a pop?}
Is that all he does- give you injections?

Did dr say anything about his change of his report or about billing pvt ins vs WC?
Didn't your doctor give you any other restrictions or limitations besides just taking you off work?

mine wrote " no use of upper extremity" at first - but I was allowed to drive to work?? & and open the heavy doors at work? but I was assigned to patrol the parking lot for 2 months.
then my dr relaxed the restrictions a bit more - so i was able to do some clerical /office /paper handling - every other hr-- but that proved to be too much and I relapsed.
So then I was off work-
At that point i was really hurting - couldn't pick up a pan to cook, couldn't load the dishwasher or do any laundry- about all I did was drive to PT and sit at home with ice packs on my arms for 2 months or so.{plus the home stretches from Sharon Butlers book & website}
This was still when docs & I thought it was only RSI - later was when i read about TOS and found the forum.

Are you trying any of the simple posture/relaxation things we have suggested?

laying out flat on the floor or even the bed for starters.
15 -20 minutes a couple of times a day- i can't tell you how much this simple thing helped me.
putting the arms out slightly away from the body- just at a very small angle to start with and slowly move them out from the body but not to cause any pain only a very small stretch.
then as you lay there just relax and do the diaphragmatic breathing {not upper chest breathing}

And a good PT should be able to do some very helpful ultrasound/heat/massage - maybe even some triggerpoint therapy to help release those muscles- NOT any weights or hand bikes or stretchy bands!

whew this is the longest post i typed in a long time.

I hope your lawyer suggests getting another docs opinion/referral - sometimes they have some preferred docs...