View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 05:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep smilin View Post
Hi everyone....

I'm an internal organ sufferer...RSD beginning in my rt. Leg after knee surgery 5years ago...After much outside travel, my tummy and GI are now an issue...tummy burns and motility is said to be an issue...But what has really gotten my attention is for years prior to my dx of RSD ...I have suffered chest pains..ouch!! Dr. Believed I had an arthemia and mitro value prolapse..but all test show now..that is not the case...plus some hearing loss one one side..Can this all be contributed to RSD?? HUMM? I also have gasping, shortness of breath which happens from time to time...ESP. When I'm tired or nervous..It's some big puzzle that comes together when you really sit down and think...how long have I or we really had this RSD issue??!

Hugs, Kathy
Wow Kathy,
I have hearing loss in my left ear. I had palsy in that side of my face a couple months after kidney surgery. What ever is going on rapidly went south this time. In just one week burning spread from the injured leg to all ectremities, then chest wall and face. Two days ago I was having burning pain in my right hand. It swelled up first 2 knuckles and right under my baby finger on hand, later from elbow to wrist swelled on the bone line and then the thumb started restricting and my lower arm started stiffing up. I thought RSD only affected the injured limb ( I had foot surgery) and then I remembered my right arm is an injured limb from years ago. I have electric shocks in arm pit and breast and carpel tunnel. I hurt that arm at work in early 2000.
The weather is starting to change and I am noticing something new about the cold. It hurts my nerves. This morning I got out of the shower and as soon as the air hit me I was on fire. My Aveno face lotion I always use set my face on fire today too. When a nurse took blood when I came in for swelling right hand, (on my left) the alcohol wipe was oh so ugly!
I am so mad. I called the Dr 3 times in 2 days for pain meds and no answer. I have some oxycodone left from old prescription but it really doesn't work good on this kind of pain. Have you or anyone else tried a pain patch? I was thinking that might work better for the sudden onset of firey pain. I can deal with the burning pain but that firey stuff, wow, pretty hairy stuff.
Thanks for letting me now I'm not crazy about my having RSD for years theory. Someone else has thought the same thing too.
Jerie
Jerie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote