View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 05:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylilyfan View Post
Vanessa

When I went to a knowledgeable pain mgmt doctor last year who worked with Stanton Hicks, she said there has been some research showing certain massage therapy can prevent the sensitivity to touch if started early enough. She questioned me a lot about mine - as I did not have very much sensitivity the first time I had RSD, and have not had this time either. I wish I could go back to her - she was good... but her office was in a building that my insurance would not pay the charge for - so I had to pay out of pocket $450 each office call plus my co-pay. It was a billing nightmare. Well anyway.....

good luck
Jules
Just had my first massage today. It was very interesting. It felt like my therapist hands were on fire, not my skin. It was difficult to deal with at first but by the end of the hour I actually felt better. Burning returned a couple hours later, but I can see how desensitizing can work. I tan too and that was interesting a couple times as were mosquito bites. Bug bites burned for a long time even taking benadryl. Who would believe this? You can't make this stuff up! New to the issue so sorry if you have heard all this before.
Jerie
Jerie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote