View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 05:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Cyn,

Oh boy, you have been through hell and I can see why other dentists are leery to touch this. The bone and gum tissue has been manipulated, traumatized and surgerized all to a severe extent. Anything that is attempted here to fix the situation will be risky. However, I cannot imagine leaving this like this not just for esthetic reasons but for your overall well being.

Thanks for posting the photo. Any chance you have a recent xray of that area that you could post? What have you been told about the current health of the jawbone around all of this?

Bryanna

Here are the x-rays taken. They say they can't tell if anything is infected without cutting the area open to clean and see if there's any infection. This whole thing is a mess. I just wished I came to someone that was really knowledgeable with dental implants in the first place where they were honest with me to tell me this isn't an easy case to do . Had I known, I wouldn't have gotten it done. Also, I'm bothered by how this Dr treated the problem. She blamed that it's just my body not healing right. Then tried fixing it by doing gum grafting then guided tissue regeneration. After it not working, she tells me her colleague told her to try something else but I said, no thanks. I'm done. I can't just have her try something that someone else is telling her to do if she hasn't done it before. I'm not a guinea pig. This is so depressing. Sorry I'm just very frustrated and sad about this whole deal. I need to go find someone else that really knows what they're doing. Is there anyone out there that can tell me what's best?
Attached Thumbnails
I need help bad, Please. Dental implants-ray-1-jpg   I need help bad, Please. Dental implants-ray-2-jpg  
cyn228 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote