View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 01:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Shot in shoulder

I have been getting the shots for over two years now. In the beginning they lasted about 3 months, now I hardly even get a month pain free.

Myofascial Pressure point therapy can be helpful before you start getting the shots.

What to expect:

This is done in a doctor's office, your doctor will pull in a xray machine to "see" where he is placing the shot.

The shot is most likely a combination of medications, a cortisone, a long lasting cortisone (forgot the name) and a numbing medicine like lindocaine.

First off is your doctor or his nurse will prep you....

Your doctor will position the x ray machine

this is where I pop in my ipod............(hate needles) - defocusing helps

The needle is one of the smaller ones so you do feel a pinch when it is inserted in your shoulder (joint)

When the medications are being inserted you will first feel a bit of pressure (not too bad - but it mimmicks your pain)

Then you are done!

You will be pain free for about 2 to 3 hours - but still wrap your arm or ask your doctor for an arm sling.

I usually go home right away, switch between ice and heat therapies - this helps with the soreness which will go away. If I were you I would not use the arm and shoulder much the day you get your shot.

Take care - and good luck!
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote