View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramE View Post
Well, I read somewhere, a dr suggest that eating a carb snack an hr or less before bed, will aid in the 'drowsy' factor. I don't use it all the time but when my brain is going 100 miles an hour close to bedtime I do pull it out of my tool box. 1/2 cup of cereal or a couple of small cookies and some milk. Before I had a system, I was really panicking about not sleeping, which was making it all the worse. Once I discovered it was part of the CRPS, I began approaching it more as a discipline I needed to follow.

Thanks
If this works on ocassion, great! I've used this strategy myself. I made pancakes a month or so ago, because I had nothing else in the house other than flour and knew it would work like a charm. (And it did.) But, the fact that a small amount of carbs can drop your blood sugar and make you sleepy, is a warning sign IMHO. My blood sugar lab results show I'm in the normal ranges, but my body is still very sensitive to carbs. Add RSD into the mix...

If you haven't yet looked at Dr. Hooshmand's 4 F's Diet, you might want to test if it will decrease your pain and/or swelling. Food Plan is more accurate, since it is not a diet in the sense of weight loss being the goal!

http://www.rsdrx.com/four_f%27s_diet.htm
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote