View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Maybe I can help a little.

At L1-2 & L2-3 - the spondylosis is bone spurs. So you have bone spurs that do NOT press on the nerves or on the spinal cord. They aren't causing any "harm" supposedly.

L3-4 is fine -- no problem

L4-5 - You have a bulging disc that is narrowing the neural foramina -- the neural foramina is the hole that the nerves run thru to get to the spinal cord.

L5-S1 - You have bone spurs at the facets & discs (??) along with an annular tear & a bulging disc. The facets are those "wing-like" things that protrude from your back, especially when you hunch over -- they're on both sides of the spinal cord. The annula is a fluid filled sac that the disc sits in. You have a tear in yours. Plus the disc bulge, but nothing seems to be compromising the nerves or the spinal cord.

I hope this helps a little. Maybe someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong -- but I'm pretty sure this is what is going on. Best of luck and let us know what the doctor says. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote