View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Dear Donna

I can't speak on the other issue, i'm sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
1. Is it possible, that she might not have psychiatric, exactly panic attacks as much as attacks with this situation. And we didn't know it. I hope that made sense.
panic attacks, i'd say yes absolutely. especially if the bruising is on the frontal cortex it may cause a change (for the worse) in the way her fear response is modulated. (i am unclear as to the site of the bruise you mention in this post.) but remember this child has also been through an immense trauma. you'll only know after she's healed, whether the bruise has anything to do with the panic attacks.

in general psychiatric symptoms are possible whenever there is brain injury. precise symptoms will vary with the site of injury and the individual. the injury should be allowed to heal to the extent possible, before issuing a psychiatric diagnosis.

Quote:
She hasn't had as much help with the meds. the amtryplline they gave was about the best. The sleep medicine (tranquilizer) and the
sometimes, Paxil But it doesn't work as well as it should. But its the only
thing that has come close.
My only observation on the meds is that Paxil (or another SSRI) would not be a good choice when there is active bleeding because they inhibit coagulation. if there is no active bleeding i don't know of problems with it, other than... if it isn't working why use it.

Quote:
I believe she may need a new person overseeing these medicines, to see if its the wrong kinds.
a second opinion might be helpful - can't hurt anyway.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-22-2011), Dmom3005 (09-22-2011), Mari (09-23-2011)