View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Claire is awaiting her last antibody treatment. She has a bacteria in her central line that they are trying to identify. Please pray that this last antibody treatment can go on uninterrupted. She is almost finished!

Here is a recent note from Claire's mother:

"We still do not know what type of bacteria Claire has, but because it's a gram negative rod, we know it's not bacillus. So, hopefully this means she will keep her line. As soon as we know definitively, we can go home with antibiotics. It could be tomorrow.

We have a lot to be thankful for. If this bacteria popped up during Claire's next treatment instead of now, the treatment would have been aborted. She would not have gotten all of the antibodies.

Claire has felt great and had a lot of energy. I am exhausted from trying to keep up with her, but I'm not complaining about that. I have felt sad for the boys. They were excited about us being home for three weeks before having to go back in. They were out of school this week and we had some things planned. I wish I was a super hero and could be in two places at one time. It grieves me.

I can't express the sadness and loss we have experienced these past 15 months. It is not in my nature to share such pain openly. Don't worry, I do have those that I can share with and do. This cancer has attempted to ravage every bit of our lives. We have not shared every trouble with you.

You look at me and think that I am so strong and brave. The truth is that you are seeing the Lord Jesus Christ being more and more alive in me. We have loss, but He is the only thing that has become more sure and more solid. I've lost nothing that He has safely held in His hand. So I say what have I really lost compared to what I have gained? Glory to you oh Lord!

Ending on a happier note...we see the light at the end! We will put to rest the pain and MOVE ON. The excitment of this time overshadows all the trouble. Please continue to pray that Claire does not get cdiff again. They have her on a powerful antibiotic."
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (09-22-2011), Darlene (09-22-2011), Friend2U (09-26-2011), hollym (09-23-2011), soxmom (09-22-2011)