View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default what does the disability act say?

I have never read it so i haven't a clue if this is correct, but doesn't the ADA [is it/] have a clause about workplace accomodations? like a voice amplifier that could help your speech? i realize it's too late but a letter pointing out legal errors on their part, if there are any, might be appropriate and deserving.

it's true that your dreams are talking to you. i quit abrubtly and hid it for 8 yrs first. i felt guilty for that and my dreams talked to me for years - everyone at work angry[it was imagined] seeing me naked in public places - all that psycho stuff that comes from deepseated guilt

so if i could find a way to make you not dwell on it [like that's possible when it's so fresh] i would wave the magic wand. I didn't miss work because i was very busy with advocacy already. But you have a baby,a great distraction.

There is life after work. I would not recommend teaching to anyone. They are mistreated IMHO. I miss the kids, but the adults, always rushed, full of coffee and energy drinks, aniti-anxiety meds, so much paperwork that teaching is just a part of it. As my daughter says , "i learned the FCAT iin high school."

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (09-22-2011)