View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default strange and getting stranger

…”neurologists found that the people in the videos often do not have a movement disorder”…
…, the majority (66 percent) were identified as showing "psychogenic" movement disorders, meaning that the abnormal movement originates from a psychological condition or mental state rather than a disease with a physical cause, such as Parkinson's….’’

That’s what two neuros told me about the YouTube video of my little speech, posted by Heeseung Ko. They said “You didn’t even look like you had Parkinson’s at all.” They said it as a compliment, as encouragement, saying that despite the recent extreme difficulty I am having with out-of-control fluctuations, I was nonetheless able to talk for 5 minutes while “On”. If I had been “Off”, you would have not even been able to understand what I said, and I would have been shaken out of the chair and curled up on the floor.
So one of these days I will check out the videos they are talking about – made by people who are pretending to have Parkinson’, but they are just acting, like MJ Fox did to that “Rush” character. Fox was pretending, remember? Or, if they are selling something, it may be a scam, snake-oil, a false cure, in which case someone should be assigned to alert the FDA.
But how did these neuros diagnose by watching 3 minute videos? Are there really lots of people pretending to have PD? And going on You Tube to convince the world they have a major disease but they don’t?
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote