View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It's always something..MrsD. PN. hyperthyroidism

I now have hyperthyroidism from too much synthroid replacement (my thyroid was removed). So here is the problem: I started to have an increase in leg weakness about 2 to 3 weeks ago, I can no longer walk with just a cane and braces. My toes are numb and tingling an I lost most of the movement in my toes on my rt foot. I figure I have been hyper for about 2 months in order to have my hair start falling out and shaky tremors, all of the usual suspects. My levels: TSH .1, t3 20, t4 200, significant levels to cause symptoms. When I first had Grave's Disease I had leg weakness to the point of not being able to get out of a chair, do steps, and falling.

I see the Neuromuscular doc next week about my motor neuropathy. This is going to complicate my evaluation, IMHO. The changes in my meds will not kick in for at least 3 weeks. So I guess it will be back to wait and watch.

mrsD, L carnitine is supposed to help drop the levels of the t3 and t4. I am taking ALC 1000 mgs a day for about 3 months. Is this enough? I hate to think what my levels would be if I had not been taking this.

Last edited by JB63; 09-22-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: omission
JB63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote