View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 02:07 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, everybody:

If someone has some answers to the questions I asked in the previous message, please give them to me, even if you are not sure if they are right or wrong. Without any answers, I think I will have no choice but to cancel the surgery.

My last question, which I forgot to ask in the previous message, is: how to overcome my very strong fear of general anesthesia? I am afraid of waking up during the surgery without the anesthesiologist and orthopedic surgeon knowing about it despite their machines (I know it already happened to some people) or worse, I am afraid of not waking up, ever, after surgery.

I cannot have regional anesthesia because I am even more afraid of it. I do not want to be awake while the surgeon cuts, pulls... Tranquilizers never worked on me.

Last night, I had a nightmare where I could see the operating room in which I was with its floor, walls, and ceiling splashed with blood, lots of it everywhere.

Do you know if it is possible to be put under in my room instead of the operating room? I could then be wheeled to the operating room without seeing it, so no fear. After surgery, is it possible also to wake up in my room to avoid the fear of seeing all these machines? Brrrr! I feel scared out of my socks!

Thanks for your answers.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote