View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith
Umm... While that's true, IME, that's also how many of the critters have gotten into our house to begin with - drawn to warmth, smell of food sources, water, curiosity(?).... and we have had that idea backfire; the mate/parent of the intruder came looking for its lost one.

Over the years, our abode has been invaded by all manner of bugs, birds, bats, mice, squirrels, chipmonks (3 this week alone), stray cats & dogs, raccoons (2 this past winter), and snakes. (I'm probably leaving something out but I just woke up.) This has resulted in certain procedures we've adopted:

1. Stay calm (or get control, or find someone who can)
2. Control any children/pets until
3. Identification of intruder & assess possible danger/risk (venom, rabies, bird flu, etc.)
4. formulate an appropriate eviction plan
5. execute same

HTH,

Doc
Gee Doc, that's so NOT what I wanted to hear.

My landlord CLAIMS he's never heard of it happening in the 30 years he's owned the property. Of course, I might just trust the snake's word over his...

The doors were open in when a repair man was here to (DRUM ROLL, Please!) fix the gap in the back door letting roley poley's in, in the summer, and worms in, in the rain, and the front screen door for many diverse insect life forms.

I had lived at the beach the past 20+ years, until recently, and was spoiled by that fairly critter/bug free envirnoment.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-23-2011)