View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 05:57 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Unhappy Sleep apnea symptoms with negative sleep apnea test results

Hi, everybody:

I usually fall asleep easily at night, thanks to the different medications (MSIR, Inderal, Keppra, and Klonopin) I take for my health problems (full body RSD and epilepsy). However, I easily and frequently wake up during the nighttime and I have trouble falling asleep again. I sleep in a fetal position on one of my sides because I cannot stand sleeping on my back or tummy. I also sleep with my mouth open, which is probably the reason why I drool a lot on my pillow. This is really annoying because, in the morning, I do not feel rested; on the contrary, I feel really, really tired. Sometimes, it is extremely hard for me to keep my eyes open. I want to mention this problem started years ago, well before I started taking the medications for my health problems, so I do not think these medications are responsible for my sleep problems.

I have many symptoms of sleep apnea, even if I am not an obese female. A pneumologist tested me for sleep apnea, but he claims the results are negative. Are sleep apnea tests reliable? Could there be false negatives?

Thanks for your answers.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote