View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
The guy didn't use needles, he used those sticky pads. He started testing me for Carpal tunnel and radial tunnel but all those where negative - then he placed the electrodes on my chest near the BP - and he concluded that that is where the compression is - bilateral.

If you like, i can probably upload the charts from the test.
As far as i can tell, a positive nerve conduction test is very rare in this condition.

Symptoms are atm progressing i think, its hard to say - but its not improving, i just need to find the right amount of stretches and excercises.

Regarding the Adson test, my pulse went completely away. Tiger Balm and positive thinking helps at the moment

@Chroma: I need another appointment with my rheuma, awaiting a MRI scan of my BP - then i'll probably get the verdict, whether its surgery or PT.

According to the test the compression is at chest? That's a trigger point in the pec minor-- easy to fix. Pec minor originates on ribs 3, 4 and 5 and inserts on the coracoid process of the scapula. The active TrP will likely be high on the pec minor, between the 3rd rib and the coracoid, but you should also release the lower TrP, right about the fourth rib--but they can arise anywhere in the belly of the muscle.

If you haven't submitted to the surgery, you, yourself, with a fingertip can dig beneath the pec major and search the pec minor till you locate the tender spots-- then press on it and hold the compression for about 10 seconds, let up a little then press again to see if it is still tender; repeat the pressure but with a bit more pressure this time. When the trigger point releases you will feel a wave of relief as the tenderness goes away. Surgery will still be available option if working the trigger points doesn't help.

In SOME cases the extreme stretching employed by SOME PTs can make exacerbate the problem. And exercise after the TOS is cured.
GaryA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SD38 (09-26-2011)