Thread: Botox!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 04:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi!
My latest neuro was very pro botox as well. He really wanted me to try it and since I have tried almost everything else, I decided to do it. First of all, I thought that the treatment itself hurt, but then I am a pretty big baby at times. Then, for the first 3 to 4 weeks, my migraines were worse, and worst of all, they didn't seem to get better when I took my imitrex, which is the only thing that has ever worked for my migraines. After the first 3 weeks, my migraines did get better, so I decided to try the next six weeks of botox, after being promised that it would get better with each set of shots.

The second set was worse than the first, I was in pain from migraines almost the full six weeks and the effects of the imitrex were very diminished. I would never do it again. Of course, this is only my experience and I am sure others will have more positive stories. I do have a very sensitive head, it seems like wearing things on my head such as headbands or sunglassed can make my headaches worse, so that may have contributed to my experience.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
lisa6wks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote