Old 09-23-2011, 01:41 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmom3005 View Post
Waves.

I am not sure but I believe you are lost.

This is not the child. But my D-i-l. Who I believe had this injury
happen about 8 or so years ago. But I'm not positive when the
person hit her in the head to make this injury happen.

I do know the place is very close to her eye and temple.

Donna
AHH. ok. i was indeed quite lost.

i thought your post was about both, and was regarding the child when it came to the bruising.

no matter. the song remains the same regarding anxiety attacks and overall psychiatric impact. i guess the only difference beetween what i said before is... after 8 years i'm guessing it has healed to the extent that it can? or have they suggested some sort of intervention for this? i wonder if there is a chance of intermittent bleeding - that would be bad. i would definitely have her get a second opinion from another neuro at this point.

location you indicate seems to imply frontal cortex (fear response maybe be impaired). if the temporal lobe is affected also... the effects could be variable... including language issues and changes in emotional response. Language function is not universally on the same side for everyone, but for most it is on the left. a WADA has to be done to determine that. (not worth it unless severe impairment shown or surgery required.) DOES she have any problems with language or excessive/inappropriate emotional response?... the latter would certainly fall un "psychiatric." poor thing. ((((hugs)))) to her.

and (((you)))

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-23-2011), Dmom3005 (09-23-2011), Mari (09-23-2011)