View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 02:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post op scarring info... thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexUK View Post
Hi KY

I think good general fitness definitely makes a big difference to recovering, guess it means you have more reserves... I'm now 10 months post op and have been back to my normal fitness routine for a good number of months (including gym, judo, etc). I have numbness on that side of my chest and on my shoulder which I think is permanent, but it hasn't made any difference to my general fitness or ability to do anything.

Out of interest, I posted some photos of my scar on this site (paste "thread148013.html")

Like I mentioned on that thread - it actually is a bit wider and whiter now, but almost completely flat

Bex

PS I'm not sure why you couldn't PM - I've added you as a friend so hopefully you'll be able to now.
Hi BexUk
Thanks for the scarring update. I'm currently 3 weeks post first rib excision with 2and1/2" scars above and below collarbone. At the mo they are still raised but redness is going down nicely and so is the initial swelling from the op. I just hope they flatten down, it looks abit Frankenstein esk.
Glad you are well and best wishes to ALL out there.TOS will not get the better of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From SD38
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote