View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I still experience the "hot flashes" and also am completely sidelined when it happens. I agree that hormones and glucose are great places to look at.

I have noticed that if I am not getting enough liquids, this is intensified. So my first question is are you staying hydrated enough? I know when I don't and then do something small to exert myself, like a short walk, I am completely grounded for the next few hours with an ice pack on my neck.

Secondly, I left my first neurologist because he tried to tell me that there was no way that "hot flashes" could be related to my head injury and that it was "all in my head." However, I've been very fortunate to find a great team of drs who have really improved my treatment. One of them also told me that a concussion can create changes in blood flow to the brain. When certain areas experience this change in blood flow, it can result in this feeling.

Not sure if this is the case with you, but it's just a thought.

Believe me, this symptom can be one of the hardest to deal with because for me it immediately makes me feel like I'm going to pass out and I'm stuck laying on the floor for the next few hours with an ice pack on my neck.

Wishing you healing!
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote