Thread: Leg Weakness
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 01:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird1979 View Post
There is no pain except when I over do. If you mean "bringing my leg across my body" as crossing my legs while sitting, yes. No problem side to side. It is difficult to raise a straight leg straight out in front of me. My leg muscles do seem tight all of the time (including , I think that is why they're weak. In addition, I sit a lot in my job and sitting always seems to make the symptoms worse, and the harder the chair I sit in the worse the symptoms get. So, whatever the problem is, sitting agrivates it!!!

I do think it's neuromuscular... nerve compression by a muscle or muscles, probably in the posterior hip. Six small muscles beneath the gluteus maximus work in tandem to stabilize and laterally rotate the hip (i.e. bringing the knee toward the center of the body rotates the head of the femur as it sits in the acetabulum of the hip outward) The largest of these is the piriformis, which as mentioned can compress the sciatic nerve that innervates the leg.

Without doubt the best way to alleviate hypertension in muscles is the release of trigger points via therapeutic massage. Drugs are a temporary fix. Stretching and exercise help to prevent the problem from recurring. NMT massage therapy will not only alleviate the pain and muscle weakness, it can eliminate the cause.
GaryA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote