View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay, I had looked up the difference online and saw that these medicines use different ingredients. I wanted to make sure. My doctor said that was no problem but I like to run things by you anyway.

And I can keep the levemir pen at room temp, like the Solostar pen?

My goodness, the changes I am making at the age of 64 are really something.

I now have a Vitamix. Do you have one of thsse? A good online buddy had an extra one and she gave me it. Can you imagine someone actualy giving you a complete Vitamix system? Of course I reimbursed her all shipping.

So now Melody is happily sprouting and Vitamixing. Getting even more nutrients in my system.

And this morning my reading was 98.

Been a diabetic for 24 years and I hit a 98 and I'm doing this more and more.

I really do thing (besides taking the amount that I take) (never knew this was a low amount actually, but I think my cells are becoming more insulin sensitive because I'm not putting any crap into my body. At least that's the way I like to look at it.

But when I compare what I take to what my friend takes (80 units of basal insulin) at bedtime. 3 shots of novolg before each meal. And she wakes up inthe morning and her sugar is 255?

Well, I don't understand this at all. I guess I'm still learning about diabetes.

Did you know that most diabetics think that if they take insulin (any kind) that that's it. Then they can eat whatever they want BECAUSE THEY TAKE INSULIN.

I used to think that a type 1 or type 2 who takes insulin would then have no problem. I thought this until I was in the Accord program.

That's when I really learned about insulin resistance and insulin sensitivity.

Thank god I can follow directions, and I have my sprouts.

That's all I can say.

Oh, I'm going to post a story on another thread. You'll find it VERY interesting.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote