View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 09:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What a great idea

My first thought was getting someone to wear weights strapped to their ankles and ask them to walk through thigh deep water and ask them to run for five minutes - or get them to wear a hood made from interfacing (the fine mesh that they use when making clothing - it would make the world blurry and foggy). I love the idea of Vaseline on their glasses. Blindfold them, spin them around ten times and ask them to perform a series of simple exercises (touch toes, hop on one foot etc)

Alternatively, could you ask them to stay awake for 24-36 hours and do a mind puzzle like Sudoku or get them to try and memorize a Shakespeare sonnet? Record the response so they can experience how fatigue can affect normal mental functions.

You could try compression bandages on their arms and/or legs - but be careful, we feel it, but I don't know if the reality could be harmful?????

Good luck and I hope that you are able to make a realistic scenario. People have not really got any idea about it - and we can't simulate cramps/spasms or nerve pain - or the thousand other things that we get from time to time.

The level of fatigue is mind-numbing and body crushing - while I wouldn't wish it on anyone, I wish more people understood.

Lyn
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (09-26-2011), dmplaura (09-29-2011), Kitty (09-24-2011), mochagirl13 (09-26-2011), SallyC (09-24-2011), whoopdedeaux (09-29-2011)