View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Yes, I am okay now. Had a second "attack" when I started the metformin again... looks like with time I cannot tolerate it. It is causing my gall bladder to go nuts! I just am recovering from last week. A friend here on the boards suggested Kefir to me, so I am using that every day now, 5 days, and it has been amazing.

I am going to use it every day now. (it is a fermented yogurt drink with 12 (twelve) probiotic organisms in it! )
I know about kefir. I occasionally use fat free probiotic yogurt. But lately I use almond milk and have no problems. Not that I had problems, but everybody on the Vitamix forum, well they don't use any dairy products and they make their own milk from nuts. I'm going to eventually be doing that.

It's amazing the stuff you can do with this powerhouse.

I could never take metformin again. When I began taking it, oh my god, the runs I had all day long. And this was 20 or 20 years ago (before basal insulin). First that had me on diabeta, than glyburide, then glipizide, but I never learned how to eat. I never listened to what my doctor would tell me. This was my BAD EATING days when I used to self medicate with food. Thank goodness I no longer do that.

I used to live to eat.

Now I eat to live.

Makes a big difference. No one knows how long we have on this earth. I love it when people say "what the h are you eating like that for, don't you want to enjoy life, life is short enough, why can't you eat a big steak and fried potatoes?" And I would say "Yeah, I could do that but then that's the way I ate when I weighed 300 lbs and I don't want to go back to that way of living" They look at me and shake their heads and say "Well, we are all going to die someday so if I have to go, I want to go happy"

You have NO idea how many people tell me this every day (especially at breakfast) when they are digging into their eggs, home fries, sausage, and bacon (yeah on one plate) and some have french toast too. AND THEY ARE DIABETIC)

I don't say anything. One time one tried to pin me down and say "Don't you wish you could have a nice juicy steak and fried this and fried that, I mean you are going to die eventually!!!"

I looked them dead in the eye and said

"Who said we have to have an expiration date?

Shuts them up!!!

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote