Old 09-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=gilbert;808784]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz Migraine View Post
SSDI could only get that information from your brother's treating physician(s).[/social security's decision to stop my brothers benefits were not based upon any doctors reports or info.it was simply based upon the fact that he was able to hold a job down for about 9 month's which in social security's view means that his condition cannot be severe enough to keep him from working.social security's defination of being disbaled is a strict one which means that your condition must be severe enough to prevent you from working any job or to result in your death according to the disibility rules on social security's website.he also believes that by his working triggered a disibility review.let this be a lesson to anyone who is collecting ssdi and who wants to work.working a few weeks or a month to test out to see if you can hold a job is not the issue here.the issue here is when you work for several month's or longer which is showing social security that your condition is not severe and to stop your benefits.it's happening to alot of people that i know who are trying to supplement there ssdi benefits and haveing those benefits stopped due to working.
I received one of those Ticket to Work automated calls yesterday. It mentioned making $700 or less per month, so while the cap might say $1000, my interpretation is under $700 would be less likely to be considered SGA.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote