View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Re: SSD

I am not sure why one person gets approved imediately, and another with equally devistating health, it takes three years or more. I was of the later, and believe me, I do not think I would have been able to get it without the lawyer. My state is crowded with older people applying. (fl.) Maybe it depends on the case loads of the particular state, I don't know. I have a permanent spinal condition, and degenerative joint disease in my ankles. Even with both these factors, it was a trial. People who get things like cancer are often denied. I would like to know what the critieria is that these judges and Government agiencies "judge" us by. I don't know anyone who has applied, who has tried to "fake" it or pull a fast one. Most people I know are devistated at not being able to work, and fighting for their existance on the other hand. You may be the first I heard of that was granted the disability so quickly. I am happy you did not have to struggle through the denials, doctor appts. and psych evaluations that most have to abide by. The process is difficult for most people I have met. I wish you all the best. Living with the disability is hard enough! take care, ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Karen67 (09-24-2011), LIT LOVE (09-24-2011)