View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 02:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question second opinion?

Thanks so much for all your support. I feel like such a pain. I know all of you are either going through the same or have been through it all. It's extremely tough and I am typically a strong person but this is TOO MUCH! I never would've imagined all this in a million years. Way more than anyone should every have to go through but I guess it happens. I don't know much about all this and have been trying to figure it all out. Dr's are not very good at explaining things in ENGLISH! All I keep getting is how bad I am and how "a mess my muscles are". The neurologist I've been seeing is suppsoed to be one of the best around and also the best in trigger point injections. He does seem to be good at it but it just doesn't seem to be doing a whole heck of a lot. But then him and his assistant tells me that I've got a lot going on and it's going to take a long time. The Dr wants me to have therapy but he said not yet. He said my muscles are jumping so much (which WOW they are) that any stretching and therapy would be bad at the moment. I could end up worse...which I DON'T want.

The Dr told me no working...no nothing. I'm to be taking it easy. I can't do much anyways. So that's a no brainer. I have been going along with what he's been saying and doing but I'm having second thoughts now. It just hurts too much and I don't see any real progress. I tlaked wiht my husband and he agrees that I should probably seek out another opinion. I was diagnosed with the TOS from another Dr from wc but he didn't want to prescribe any treatment because I was already getting it from the neurologist.

I just can't drive far and these Dr visists are getting EXPENSIVE! THe lawyer that I am seeing for the wc knows the neurologist who is treating me and says he's one of the best so now what? I jsut don't know who to see and what to do at this point. I just want my life back and I don't forsee that anytime soon. I have lost 10 pounds from all this. I have a hard time eating, swallowing, and I cough and have trouble breathing. The Dr said they haven't even got to those muscles that are in bad shape. OH MAN! How much can one person take!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is so much I want to do and can't. I guess I should see another Dr and get another opinion but who do I see? I need someone who takes my insurance because I'm now fighting the wc issue. I can't afford out of pocket visits. I can barely afford the copays which are $25 a pop.

If I were to see another Dr...do I seek out another neuro, or an ortho or what about vascular surgeon? Not sure where to go.

Again, thanks for all your help and support. I wish I could spend more time talking with you but I have a hard time typing and then I just spend so much time sleeping and crying that it's hard to pick up the phone. Also, every time I hold the phone my hand and fingers go numb. I just can't win. I tried stretching today but it hurt so I stopped. Well I'm gonna go for now and find some chocolate...maybe that will help.

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote