Thread: SCS Coming Soon
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 06:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SCS Coming Soon

Hello, I thought I'd introduce myself here as I've been reading so many of the threads and I will be having my trial put in on October 6th. I have RSD in both of my knees, mostly, with burning throughout my legs. As nervous as I am about this I am also very excited and counting the days! I had my psych eval this week which went very well. My pain has just really been awful lately making me so miserable, so I am just so hopeful that the SCS will be my answer. I feel more confident going into this than any other treatment, if that is a good sign. I'm going to be going with a Boston Scientific stimulator. Like I said I've been reading through all of your wonderfully helpful information and it's really great to get more personal stories of what some of you have experienced with it. I guess where I'm most nervous is all of the restrictions afterwards. I am young, I'm 21, and I'm fairly active, at least for someone with RSD. I go to school full time, I babysit a lot, and I volunteer teaching Sunday School to little 3 year olds. I've also come to be able to do a lot in PT, even squatting all the way down on inflatable discs and running for 2 minutes at a time! I'm worried about how restricted I'll have to be and accidentally pulling a lead out of place. But I tell myself that my quality of life is not very good now and if this *hopefully* works it'll all be worth it, right?
yellow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (09-24-2011), Mark56 (09-24-2011), ron h (09-25-2011), Rrae (09-25-2011), Sophie_ (09-25-2011)