View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Red,

Ok, so the pain is not constant... and it seems to be decreasing in general, those are good signs. If this is how it continues but the pain has not totally subsided, then you could wait until you get back home to have it evaluated.

The diagnosis of osteomyelitis can be complicated and unfortunately some dentists are not that familiar with it because they usually refer their patients to an oral surgeon before this condition occurs.... or so they think. The treatment for this condition varies and depends on the severity of the case.

If you are still having pain after your holiday.... consult an oral surgeon for evaluation. Otherwise, you could wait and have the area xrayed at your next dental check up.

How does that sound to you??
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Pen View Post
Yes, that is a good explanation and it makes sense.

The pain changes, sometimes it is hardly noticeable, other times I can feel it across parts of my face or even at the top of my head. In general I would say it is sore about half the time and only just noticeable (or not noticeable at all) the other half of the time. Painkillers don't make a big difference, but even when I have a gentle pain somewhere painkillers don't always help with me. It doesn't seem to be getting worse, if anything a bit better, at least the periods of low pain seem to be increasing and bad pain decreasing. However sometimes the teeth next to the extraction site are tender when pressed, other times they are fine.

What is the treatment for this? Is it even something I could get seen to on holiday? I'd like to get something started as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your help Bryanna

[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote