View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 01:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycapucine1974 View Post
Hi, everybody:

I have full body RSD. To control the various symptoms of this syndrome, I use Duragesic patches, MSIR capsules, Tambocor capsules, and Inderal tablets. The Keppra and Klonopin I take for my epilepsy might also help.

I know Inderal is a beta blocker. What I do not know is what the difference (for the control of RSD symptoms) is between beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, and sodium channel blockers.

I posted a question like this before but it seems like the person who had the answers got angry at me for some reason and did not reply to give me the information. We are all RSD sufferers, are we not? To get angry at me just because I posted a name with no evil intention at all, is exaggerated to me. As RSD sufferers, we are all in the same boat, so why not help each other instead of getting angry? If the NT guidelines do not allow the posting of names, I did not do it voluntarily; I have very, very bad memory problems caused by my RSD.
Dear Kitty -

Please forgive me. I just saw this. Please know that I was never angry with you, nor would I have cause to be. And I simply don't have the answers to the numerous questions you posed.

Understand that my only "scientific" training was a BS in economics over 30 years ago. That and my training as a lawyer made me comfortable with online data searches.

As it was, I worked all evening and well into the night, trying to respond to your post. First, I searched Google for all of the FDA approved Prescibing Information sheets for all of the drugs you mentioned, and then pulled as many of the articles referenced in each from PubMed, and then, really armed only with my own disasterous experience with EXTREME edema following the administration of Norvasc, a calcium channel blocker, started writing.

Unfortunately, I didn't back it up as a Word file as I went, so when my browser crashed at 5 am with all of the open PDF files in tabs, the document was lost. No problem I thought, I would just get some sleep and redo it off of my open tabs. Unfortunately, in the meantime Microsoft purshed through an upgrage of the OS, wiping out my ability to use the "Restore Last Session" function in Firefox, leaving me with only hundreds if not thousands of pages in my history over the last week.

Please understand something else; I too have seen a tremendous loss in my memory and organizational skills in the 10 years I have had CRPS, as measured by repeated psychological and neuro-psyche testing. That and I've also been going through some unusually difficult personal problems over the last month or so, on account of which - by depression or distraction - I no longer had the energy to respond to PMs from too many good friends, some of very long standing, to all of whom I owe apologies.

So when I lost even the documents with which to attempt to respond to your post, I just gave up. I'm sorry, at the least I owed you a PM, but truth is, I wouldn't have known where to start.

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (09-25-2011)