View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

If you want to...PM me your medication list. Some antibiotics deplete nutrients and some CAUSE PN.

Your dad might benefit from Acetyl carnitine...which may help the chemo PN. It works better, taken while on the chemo, but it is worth a try. Start at 500mg a day and increase slowly if needed to 2 grams or so, in divided doses for him.

You really should get a Vit D test, and B12 test to see where you are with these.

Burning pain can also be from food intolerances. Some foods also release histamine which makes for burning. I get burning from potatoes of all things!

If you were on oral antibiotics for a long time, I'd try some Kefir.
I just was very sick with a GI thing, and a friend suggested this to me...and I'm amazed at how it corrected me! I feel better ALL over too! It has 12 organisms in it to re-establish normal flora in the GI tract. I've just finished my first quart, Lifeway brand, and really recommend it now for anyone recuperating from illness. It is a fermented yogurt drink. And at first when I was so nauseated it was tough, so I diluted it a bit.

I intend to have at least 3 oz a day now FOREVER! That is how good it has been for me! ( I use the unflavored one as the others have more sugar which I try to avoid).

http://www.lifeway.net/

We found this in our local Kroger's!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote