Old 09-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeclass6 View Post
I was wondering why I feel anxious and shaky after I take Cyanocobalamin, but I do not get that bad effect when I take Methylcobalamin? Both tablets are the same dose (1,000 mg).

I have both forms of B-12 in my house. The Cyanocobalamin tablet (Nature's Bounty) dissolves very fast under my tongue, and then for several hours afterwards I feel rather anxious and shaky. Eventually the feeling dissipates but I don't like it. It reminds me of how I used to feel when I got allergy shots laced with epinephrine, or how I feel if I have caffeine. I have tried it several times, both on an empty stomach and not. It's always the same effect.

The Methylcobalamin (NOW, Jarrow -- I have both) has absolutely no side effect for me, and I feel fine after dissolving that under my tongue. (The Jarrow one takes a really long time to dissolve).

Any idea why one would make me feel anxious and the other doesn't? I know that the Methyl variety is absorbed better by the body, but that's about all I know about the difference between the two.

Thank you!
Some people do not do well on the cyano...something to do with cleaving off the cyanide portion.
Cyano has to be methylated in the body to methylB12 before our enzymes can use it properly.

You can chew up the Jarrow and swallow..just do it on an empty stomach.
I switched to Puritan's Pride...the tablets are finer, smaller and easier on the mouth. In fact they pulverize in the bottle and I save the powder and take that too!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote