View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If you want to...PM me your medication list. Some antibiotics deplete nutrients and some CAUSE PN.

Your dad might benefit from Acetyl carnitine...which may help the chemo PN. It works better, taken while on the chemo, but it is worth a try. Start at 500mg a day and increase slowly if needed to 2 grams or so, in divided doses for him.

You really should get a Vit D test, and B12 test to see where you are with these.

Burning pain can also be from food intolerances. Some foods also release histamine which makes for burning. I get burning from potatoes of all things!

If you were on oral antibiotics for a long time, I'd try some Kefir.
I just was very sick with a GI thing, and a friend suggested this to me...and I'm amazed at how it corrected me! I feel better ALL over too! It has 12 organisms in it to re-establish normal flora in the GI tract. I've just finished my first quart, Lifeway brand, and really recommend it now for anyone recuperating from illness. It is a fermented yogurt drink. And at first when I was so nauseated it was tough, so I diluted it a bit.

I intend to have at least 3 oz a day now FOREVER! That is how good it has been for me! ( I use the unflavored one as the others have more sugar which I try to avoid).

http://www.lifeway.net/

We found this in our local Kroger's!
Yes, Kefir is a staple in my home in addition to 3 other type of probiotics. I have never seen a correlation to any food either. I did just go back on antibiotics(I take small week breaks at times) so my doc thinks it could be a lyme "flare." I just don't know what to think. I start and stop all the time and have never exploded with all over pain. I feel it's getting worse.

Have you any knowledge of the skin biopsy testing? Can it be wrong??

Last I was tested, my B12 (it's beena while though) was around 450 and VD was fine. I still take 50,00 of VD a week regardless.

From your experience, does this sound like it could be hereditary? My dad is fine, he just shruggs it off and moves along. He is stubborn and refuses to take any of the supplements I tell him about. He's not in pain so he just doesn't want to give it any attention(Grrr!). I mentioned him to you from a hereditary standpoint..wondering if you knew anything about it..

I will PM you my list, but I caution you..it's LONG!

Thanks,
Kate
kate525 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote