View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate525 View Post
THANK YOU for your hugs. I have had my hormoes tested and they are all fine. They get tested every 4 months. I have asked about trying supplementation for it but none of my docs(conventional and alternative) think it's necessary. Maybe I should push for it? *sigh* I dont know.

Kate
You say that your thyroid hormones are fine, but if your TSH is greater than 3.0, you have a problem. Some labs say that anything under 5.0 is normal. But several years ago the thinking shifted on this, and a lot of labs and doctors changed their thinking, and now prescribe thyroid meds for anyone with a TSH higher than 3.0

Personally myself -- if my TSH goes above 2.0 I begin to feel awful.

So look at your blood tests and look at the numbers, just to be sure.

I have read that taking Selenium can actually lower or eliminate thyroid antibodies. I haven't done this myself because right now I don't want to mess with things as my thyroid is rather stable. But it's something to ask your doctors about. (As if you need another pill to take).

BTW, you say that your B-12 is 450. From what I have learned on this message board and in general on the web, 500 is the minimum it should be, or higher. Apparently it cannot get "too high." Many people here know more than I do about B-12, but I think they'd say the same thing (please correct me if I'm wrong, guys).
zeeclass6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote