Thread: SCS Coming Soon
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, the catch-22 of it all --- can't do any bending but we gotta bend down for so many things.
This, you will count as your 11th commandment --->> A Reacher/Grabber.
You can find these in most stores. They will save you lots of grief. Another thing I did was put several things up higher on counters, tables, etc. so that I wouldn't have to bend down.

I'd highly recommend you check out our Peripheral Neuropathy forum. RSD and PN go hand in hand with that burning pain. It is FULL of good info and it is also a very active forum. Be sure to check out the top section called the 'sticky's' Here's the link to get you there...

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/fo...aysprune=&f=20

We all know how frightening the upcoming trial can be. Believe it or not you should be able to tell immediately if the stim is going to work for you. That's why it is crucial to communicate well with the team. That can be a bit tricky while you are in your 'twilight daze'...... also, ask to get your OR post-op instructions BEFORE the procedure. I got pretty stressed out trying to comprehend what they were saying.

No such thing as 'stupid' questions. I keep trying to convince someone of that but I won't mention Joan's name.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-25-2011), Sophie_ (09-25-2011), yellow (09-25-2011)