View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 06:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Vitamin D, Magnesium, Aprazolam, and one other question

Mrs. D,

I did get my Vitamin D levels tested recently. My Vitamin D2 was <4 mg/dl (I assume the lab could not detect any) and Vitamin D3 was 50 mg / dl. Should I supplement? If so, I assume I should take vitamin D3. How many IU would you suggest daily and for how long?

I did try the CVS Magnesium Lotion you suggested. I apply it twice a day. Mid afternoon, I apply it to my feet and hands and at bedtime I apply to my feet, my hands, and on the underside of my arms. It seems help my feet. I notice less cramping and improved nerve function. I seem to be able to spread my toes better than before. I plan to stick with it. Do you have any comments on how I am using it?

I also have restarted my Magnesium Taurate. I take 4 tablets a day (one at breakfast, one at dinner and two at bedtime) which is supposed to represent 400 mg of elemental magnesium. Is there a better magnesium supplement to take? If so, what do you suggest. How much should I take daily? Incidentally, my serum magnesium was recently tested at 2.3 mg/dl.

I have started a slow taper to try and wean off Alprazolam. My doctor suggested a reduction of 0.25 mg every two weeks. Thus it will take me six to eight weeks to get off of it, if I can.

Whether it is the PN pain or some other system issue, I am not able to sleep without the assistance of drugs, so I take Lunesta. I was wondering if you have any suggestions. How do other PN sufferers deal with sleep issues, which I assume are fairly common for us? I was reading in another thread that you and others like Theanine. Given all of the drugs I am on, is this an option for me?

Thank you so much for all the work you do on this forum and for your prior suggestions to me. I would appreciate your consideration of these additional questions.

Thank you!
wmahla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote