View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Same breathing problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina04 View Post
I started taking Lyrica the end of January. Within about twenty minutes after my first dose I was having slight difficulty breathing, tightness in my chest, and, later, coughing. I continued taking it another couple days hoping the side effects would go away but they were getting worse so I discontinued it. Now, more than four months later, I am still having difficulty breathing and coughing. I am working with a pulmonolgist to find out what's going on. Has anyone else experienced lung problems as a result of taking Lyrica?
I was on 150mg 2 x daily for a couple weeks and jsut couldn;t stand it anymore. I couldn't take deep breaths adn was out of breath all the time and the cdoctor told me to stop but I am still having the trouble. Although I take deep breaths I still can't breath correct and get out of breath. I can't even eat with out panting and becoming breathless. He put me on pednisone and it aggravated the breathing problem so I had to stop it.
I am going to see my family doctor and see if he can tell me why this is happening and if my lungs are preminitly damaged or what.
Unmesshome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote