View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysLearning View Post
Wow - what a fascinating and informative thread. Thank you all for your help.

I had my first visit with a new MD, and had CBC, Vit D, and thyroid testing a few weeks ago. My D was "in the toilet", using his words. (33 out of 32 to 100 mass/volume test range.) This surprised me as I do use a multi vitamin and mineral supplement, and drink OJ with Calcium and D almost every day. I also try to eat well, with lots of veges, fruits, whole grains, meats, and dairy. At the moment, I don't avoid any food groups. However, he suggested an elimination diet, which I will start after I get back from vacation in a few weeks.

After reading on this thread, I wonder if my B-12 is also low. I didn't get a copy of my bloodwork; I keep forgeting to do that. I will do that this week!

It seems that if I am not absorbing the D I've been taking, maybe I am not absorbing other nutrients either.

I three meals plus snacks, sit at a desk most of the day, and am stuck at almost 115 pounds, which is thin for 5' 5".

I started having PN symptoms early this year, though I didn't know that's what it was. I went to a podiatrist when my feet hurt so much I was using crutches and couldn't drive. He diagnosed capsulitis and PN, and gave me cortizone injections in my feet for the capsulitis, and suggested Lyrica for the PN. The capsulitis has resolved, but the tingling in my feet and thigh is still present. I didn't and won't take the Lyrica, after reading the side effects.

I'm going to give the B-12 a go.

Hi, I started taking 5000 of the Methyl B-12 over 2 years ago. Best thing I ever did for my neuropathy. I now take it about 3 times a week.

Hope it works for you the same way it worked for me.

Take care

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote