View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Symptoms and results

Thank you for all your posts, I am now going to give you all the facts about myself and what test results I have, I so appreciate you taking the time to help me, I feel like I'm dying with all this pain and numbness so here is my story with this disease, in Nov. Dec. Of 2010 I was very ILL with a cough that lasted for a couple of weeks and I also had several colds that I could not shake, as soon as I got over one cold I would get another one, also around Oct. Of 2010 I received a whopping cough vaccine recommended by my Doctor because my very young grand kids live with me and I wanted to protect them so I got the vaccine. January of 2011 I noticed numbness between my second and third toes on my left foot, I did not at that time seek medical help, about 2 months later I experienced numbness tingling and burning going up into my left leg, still I did not think anything was seriously wrong, then the numbness and tingling moved over to my right foot in the big and little toes, that took about 2 months, then very quickly I would say about 6 weeks numbness and tingling moved up into right leg, both legs now have numbness and tingling from toes to mid thigh, I only have burning pain in left leg, I am a worship leader in my church and when I stand for to long my feet go numb and burning pain starts in left leg, and numbness goes up my legs, then about 6 weeks later numbness starts in both arms at same time, the numbness starts in my wrists and goes to upper arms, A few weeks later is when pain started, both legs feel tight and my calves feel painful and tight sometimes, my thumb and little fingers on both hands cramp up my upper arms feel so much pain like someone hit me really hard, I feel weak and heavy and fatigue, I went to the ER Wednesday night because I was so weak, I feel like I have the flu all of the time, I just feel very sick, they ran many tests at the hospital especially blood tests,they said they were all normal I don't have the results for those tests but I will get them for you guys and post them, they also did a glucose tolerance test, normal results, MRI, normal, they put me in the hospital for 4 days and did all kinds of tests, the first Neuro Doc I saw 1 week before going into the hospital did a spinal tap, he reported slightly elevated protein levels the glucose level in spinal fluid normal results, I fo have these results which I will post to you, glidin IGG, IGA ABS less than 3 shoes negative, Monoclonal Gammopathies serum result not deceted, SCL-70 less than 11 result negative, Sjogrens less than 11 negative, thyroid hormone 3.30 result normal, hepatitis B non reactive, hepatitis C non reactive, HIV Non reactive, ESR 7 result negative, He told me my vit B was normal but I will get that result and post it along with any other blood tests, maybe you all can see something I don't, I also want to mention I had a Nissen Fundo stomach surgery 7 years ago and suffer from dumping syndrome a lot of Diarreah over the past 7 years. My first Neuro told me from my symptoms and slightly elevated spinal protein he Dx with CIDP, and that it could be treated with IVIG I was relieved to get that DX because it could be treated, then when the partner saw me in the hospital he said he believed I had idiopathic neuropathy, I then became more worried and distressed and very depressed, it seemed like there was not much hope with this DX he prescribed me Gabapentin 300mg 3 times a day, it helps some but not much, I also have Xanax but I forgot to ask him if this could be taken with Gabapentin. I am losing strength and feel weaker everyday although still functioning, oh also I have twitching everywhere which started 2 weeks ago, just another lovely symptom. I am absolutely miserable, I was released from hospital yesterday and see my first Neuro Doc Wednesday, I will read the stickies to see what questions to ask. Now I need your help I have tried to provide you all with everything I can think of how this all started, thank you in advance for all the knowledge you all have, I appreciate you more than you can know. God Bless you. Jan
Liftyourhands7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote