View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Dana,

The endo is correct in that digital xrays can be emailed to another dental office in seconds.... however, not all dental offices have digital compatibility which means if they don't, then they will be copying the xray from their email onto regular copy paper. This type of copy is usually not very diagnostic and defeats the purpose of obtaining the xrays. Usually, offices that have digital xray equipment also have a special printer and photo paper so the printed version of the xrays are clearer than if they were printed out on a regular printer w/reg copy paper. I would not wait to ask the endo to make "legible" copies of all her xrays... tell them the xrays are going to be used to tell the radiographic history of this tooth. When you find a dentist for her to see, ask that office if they have digital and can receive xrays ... if they do, get their email address and call the endo office again and have them email them to the new dentist. I would do the same with the general dentist that she saw as well. The reason for doing it this way is to have a hard copy of her xrays in your possession just in case she has a dental emergency while you are seeking a new dentist for her.

Let me know how things are going....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC02 View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks once again. The vitamin information makes perfect sense. (You were correct about the doctor's prescription, too.)

I guess I knew all along that my mother was heading down the wrong path. I asked the endo for x-rays a few months ago and he said they're digital and can be sent to any other healthcare provider in seconds. In effect, he blew me off. But I'll get them, plus older ones from the referring dentist.

I decided today to stay with my mom for the next few months because this is a lot for anyone to handle. We'll start calling for x-rays and consults in the morning. At this point, I could shoot that endo, but I know it's best to be positive and move forward.

I'll definitely report back. Thanks again -- you're a lifeline!

Dana
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote