View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormommy View Post
Hi all, I am in the middle of dx of possible ms. My MRI came back with the following comments:

There are five small T2 hyperintense fooci scattered within the left periventricular white matter. These are variable size ranging from a couple of millimeters up to approxiamately 4.5 mm. There is also a thin rim of periventricular T2 increased signal at the posteerior aspect of the lateral ventricle on the left. There is a single 9.8 mm oval-shape T2 hyperintense focus within the posterior aspect of the right periventricular white matter. The findings certainly could be related to multiple sclerosis though other demyelinating etiologies including vascultits, chronic ischemic microangiopathy as well as infectious etiology such as Lyme's disease cannot be totally excluded. Clinical correlation is necessary.

I have dealt with a high pulse / low blood pressure for a couple of yrs and I wonder if it could be related to MS.

DX w Anklosing Spondylitis & Inflamatory bowel disease/Chrons age 41
Well.... I can't help you understand much other than you have some lesions and they can't dx you just on your MRI. You need to have your doctor do physical exams and other blood work.

I have always ran a little low on my bp and found out in 2008 that I have Postural Othorstatic Tachycardia Syndrome, which means my heart rate goes up to around 170 just by standing but gets down to low 50's upper 40's at night or resting. But I have found some sites that say it can be caused as a symptom of MS or another disease I have.

I hope you get some answers soon!

Kristie
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (09-28-2011)