View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

David so sorry for the passing of your father. A father is someone who will always take a good part of your heart. My father passed in 2004...I can still hear his voice and his laughter. I was his first daughter so I just had him wrapped around his pinkie!

I do know our Dad's can be with us when we pray. Four years ago I moved my Mom in with us. We gave her a room for her to sleep in and a room for her to knit, nap, watch TV or have visitors. At first I thought I was going nuts! My Mom and I never really were the best of friends...however Dad was my buddy. One evening when I thought I could not take another minute of burden of taking care of her and my dear sweet Olhipie...I went outside and just screamed. At that very moment I heard in my heart my Fathers voice telling me, "love her as I do"....how sweet this was.

Ever since I have loved her more than ever. I am so thankful for this time in my life...for having the time to have her here with us I wouldn't have it any other way!

Thank you for the great thought...it explains exactly how I feel!!!

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (09-26-2011), DMACK (09-29-2011), Wren (09-26-2011)